HCA Logo

Information for Health Care Providers

This page serves as a centralized location for healthcare providers to get updates, guidance and required forms on diseases and health conditions in Ventura County. Providers must report all reportable suspected and confirmed communicable diseases or other unusual conditions to Ventura County Public Health's Communicable Disease office by filing out a Confidential Morbidity Report (CMR). Please see below under Communicable Diseasse Reporting Forms for the appropriate CMR form. 

Please review the current list of reportable diseases. All health care providers and laboratories are required to submit a CMR on applicable diseases and conditions within a specified timeframe. 

Patients newly diagnosed with HIV/AIDS or previous diagnosis, or relocation to Ventura County should be reported to the HIV/AIDS office by calling 805-652-5780. Please do not submit a CMR form for HIV/AIDS diagnosis. 

Communicable Disease Reporting Forms

  • CMR Form - Use this form to report all conditions except TB, HIV/AIDS, STIs and conditions reportable to DMV. 
  • CMR Form (STIs) - Use this form to report all sexually transmitted infections. 
  • CMR Form (TB) - Use this form to report positive PPD or Quantiferon/IGRA or latent TB infection.
  • CMR Form (DMV) - Use this form for reporting lapses of consciousness or control, Alzheimer's disease or other conditions which may impair the ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.
  • TB Case/Suspect Request for Hospital Discharge Form - Use this form to request discharge or transfer for TB case or suspected TB case. Complete the form and FAX to 805-385-9445.

To file a Communicable Disease reporting form (except for HIV/AIDS), complete the appropriate CMR form and e-mail or FAX the CMR form according to the instructions on the first page of the form. 

For Communicable Disease reporting (except for TB and HIV/AIDS)

If you have question on reporting, call the Communicable Disease office at 805-981-5201. For after-hours, please call 805-214-7057.

For TB reporting or information
  • Fax forms to: 805-385-9445
If you have questions on TB reporting, call the TB Specility Clinic at
805-385-9451 or visit the TB Specialty Clinic website.


For HIV/AIDS reporting or information


Copyright © HCA 2017 All Rights Reserved. View our Privacy Policy.