This page serves as a centralized location for healthcare providers to get updates, guidance and required forms on diseases and health conditions in Ventura County. Providers must report all reportable suspected and confirmed communicable diseases or other unusual conditions to Ventura County Public Health's Communicable Disease office by filing out a Confidential Morbidity Report (CMR). Please see below under Communicable Diseasse Reporting Forms for the appropriate CMR form.
Please review the current list of reportable diseases. All health care providers and laboratories are required to submit a CMR on applicable diseases and conditions within a specified timeframe.
Patients newly diagnosed with HIV/AIDS or previous diagnosis, or relocation to Ventura County should be reported to the HIV/AIDS office by calling 805-652-5780. Please do not submit a CMR form for HIV/AIDS diagnosis.
Communicable Disease Reporting Forms
- CMR Form - Use this form to report all conditions except TB, HIV/AIDS, and conditions reportable to DMV.
- CMR Form (TB) - Use this form to report positive PPD or Quantiferon/IGRA or latent TB infection.
- CMR Form (DMV) - Use this form for reporting lapses of consciousness or control, Alzheimer's disease or other conditions which may impair the ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.
- CMR Form (COVID-19) - Use this form for reporting COVID-19 only.
- Notification from Medical Provider of COVID-19 Laboratory Results Form
- TB Case/Suspect Request for Hospital Discharge Form - Use this form to request discharge or transfer for TB case or suspected TB case. Complete the form and FAX to 805-385-9445.
- West Nile Virus Testing Specimen and Submittal Form
- Antibiogram Report
To file a Communicable Disease reporting form (except for HIV/AIDS), complete the appropriate CMR form and e-mail or FAX the CMR form according to the instructions on the first page of the form.
For Communicable Disease reporting (except for TB and HIV/AIDS)
- FAX forms to: 805-981-5200
- Email: VCPH-ID@ventura.org
If you have question on reporting, call the Communicable Disease office at 805-981-5201. For after-hours, please call 805-214-7057.
- Fax forms to: 805-385-9445
For HIV/AIDS reporting or information
- Call 805-652-5780 or visit the HIV/AIDS Program website.
- Xylazine-Associated Toxicity - March 21st, 2023
- Increase in Parechovirus Infections in Very Young Infants - July 5, 2022
- Meningococcal Disease Outbreak - June 28, 2022
- Recommendation for Meningococcal Vaccine (MenACWY) for Men who have Sex with Men (MSM)—Florida Meningococcal Outbreak - June 6, 2022
- Potential Drug Overdose Alert - May 31, 2022
- Monkeypox Virus Infection in the United States - May 27, 2022
- Recommendations for Adenovirus Testing and Reporting of Children with Acute Hepatitis - April 26, 2022
- Cronobacter Sakazakii in Infants: Powdered Infant Formula - March 1, 2022
- Regional Outbreak of Highly Drug-resistant Carbapenemase-producing Acinetobacter baumannii at In-patient Facilities - May 26, 2021
- Non‐Viral hepatitis associated with consumption of “Real Water” alkaline water - March 24, 2021
- Health Alert: Reports of Disseminated Gonococcal Infection (DGI) - November 9, 2020