WELCOME TO VENTURA COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH (VCPH)
It is OUR MISSION to support environments that protect and promote the health and well-being of everyone in Ventura County. We strive to improve health by promoting safe and healthy communities for all to LIVE, WORK, LEARN, and PLAY.
Our dedicated and diverse team of almost 400 work to prevent epidemics, spread of disease (such as COVID-19), and injuries; promote and encourage healthy living opportunities; respond to disasters and assist communities in recovery; and assure the quality and accessibility of preventive and health care services throughout the County.
Achieving health equity is one of our Department’s top priorities. Finding solutions to support everyone to live a long healthy life no matter our age, gender, culture or spoken language(s) is important. Because social-economic factors and the built environment are estimated to contribute about 50% to how well and how long we live, we are committed to making changes at all levels by talking and learning from you to first identify what it is like to live in our county.
We look forward to working with you to realize our vision of becoming the healthiest county in the nation.
VCPH continues to monitor, respond, and lead recovery efforts to the pandemic. Please visit www.venturacountyrecovers.org for all current data and local updates on COVID-19. Click on vaccines, testing, and information for schools and medical providers for more information. Click on California Department of Public Health (CDPH) updates. Click on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for national updates.
- Flu Order 2021 - Mandatory Influenza Vaccination or Masking of Health Care Workers During Influenza - 9/8/21
Public Health Updates
- The South and North Oxnard PH Clinic are OPEN, please click here for more information.
- The Office of Vital Records is OPEN to the public, click here for more information.
- WIC services continue, but no in-person appointments at the moment, please click here for more information.
- Living Healthy - Health in All Policies Video
- Providers: click here for Hot Tips Health Advisory from our Public Health Officer
- Interested in data on the health of our community? Visit Health Matters in Ventura County.
- County's Smoke-Free Ordinance
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Testing and Treatment Information
Public Health Programs/Services
- Birth & Death Registration (Vital Records)
- California Children's Services (CCS)
- Child Health & Disability Prevention (CHDP)
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- Chronic Disease Prevention
- Communicable Disease Reporting forms
- Community Health Nursing
- Drowning Prevention and Pool Safety
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Preparedness
- Environmental Health Department
- Food Facility Closures
- Events & Calendars
- Health Coverage Assistance
- Health Promotion and Education
- HIV/AIDS Center
- Local Health Data and Resources
- Locations and Maps
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health
- Medical Marijuana Identification Program
- Prescription Medication Discounts
- Public Health Clinics
- Public Health Laboratory
- Smoke-Free Ordinance
- Stop Smoking Classes
- TB Specialty Clinic
- WIC: Women Infants & Children