To protect and promote the health and well-being of everyone in Ventura County. Our mission articulates the purpose of our department; it is our roadmap.
To be the healthiest county in the nation. Our vision statement defines what we want to achieve. It provides guidance and direction in fulfilling our mission.
Download brochures: Public Health Services or SERVICIOS DE SALUD PÚBLICA.
Click below for our:
10 Essential Services of Public Health
- Monitor health status to identify health problems
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and hazards in the community
- Inform, educate, and empower the public about current and emerging health issues
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Link people to needed health services
- Assure a competent work force to support the public health system
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population-based health services
- Research for new insights