A Children's Medical Services Program
Childhood Oral Health Education partners with First5 Ventura County
Tooth decay is the most prevalent chronic disease of early childhood. This is "silent epidemic" is a major cause of school absenteeism and other health problems. Dental problems start before many parents even think about it. Children need to see a dentist by their first birthday.
- Decrease the number of children with dental decay and reduce the cost of oral health care
- Increase the number of children who receive an oral risk assessment and fluoride varnish
- Facilitate greater access to children's dental care and increase number of dental visits
What We Do
We can help you get preventive dental care and treatment for your children. Anyone can contact us to help get oral health care for a child.
We also provide education and resource information for healthcare professionals. This is a free-of-charge "train the trainer" program that makes it possible for providers to help parents and guardians identify and get access to dental care for their children.
Parents, educators, healthcare professionals can access useful tools and resources at California's "First Smiles" web site. This statewide program addresses the "silent epidemic" of Early Childhood cavities affecting children ages 0-5. You can also download brochures that provide helpful tips for taking care of your child's teeth.
- Brush Up on Healthy Teeth
- Oprima para ver Salud Oral Para Niños
- Refresque Sus Conocimientos sobre Dientes Sanos
Call us for assistance