This page serves as a centralized location for healthcare providers to get information, guidance and updates on Ventura County health issues.
Click here to review the All Facilities Letter for California Department of Public Health measles guidance.
- Influenza Update - 2/11/19
- TB Investigation of Middle School and Gym in Oxnard - 9/25/18
- Flu Order 2018
- TB Exposure Update -8/22/18
- Health Advisory - CDPH Releases Health Advisory Update on Outbreak of Life-threatening Coagulopathy Associated with Synthetic Cannabinoids Use
- Health Alert 2017 - Meningococcal Disease
- Thomas Fire Smoke - Health Advisory
- Use of Particulate Respirators (Masks) to Protect from Wildfire Smoke or Ash (English & Spanish)
- Hepatitis A Outbreak in California Counties
- Hepatitis A Outbreak in California Counties - Health Advisory
- Hepatitis A Virus Infection Facts Sheet (English & Spanish)
- Flu Order 2017 - Mandatory Influenza Vaccination or Masking of Health Care Workers
- CRE - Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae and Antimicrobial Resistance Order for Reporting
- Health Alert 2016 - Vaccination against Invasive Meningococcal Disease
- Flu Order 2016 - Mandatory Influenza Vaccination or Masking of Health Care Workers
- Flu Order 2015
Communicable Disease Reporting - CMR & TB Forms
Medical providers must report all suspected and confirmed reportable communicable disease cases or other unusual diseases to Public Health's Communicable Disease Office.
Patients with newly diagnosed HIV/AIDS or previous diagnosis and relocating to Ventura County should be reported to the HIV/AIDS office at (805) 652-3313. We ask that you contact us as soon as you receive the positive test result so that we may have a staff member there at the time of disclosure.
To file a Communicable Disease report (except for HIV/AIDS), complete and e-mail or FAX the CMR according to the instructions on the first page of the form.
- CMR - Confidential Morbidity Report Form - This form includes reportable diseases and reporting time mandates on the second page.
- TB - Confidential Morbidity Report Form - To report positive PPD or Quantiferon/IGRA or Latent TB Infection
- Hospital TB Case/Suspect Discharge Form - To report TB cases or suspected TB cases, download and FAX the to: 805-385-9445.
- West Nile Virus Testing Specimen and Submittal Form
- DMV - Confidential Morbidity Report Form - Use this form for reporting lapses of consciousness or control, Alzheimer's disease or other conditions which may impair the ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.
- FAX forms to: 805-981-5200
- To speak with CD staff during normal business hours, call: 805-981-5201
- For after hour CD reporting, call: 805-656-9432
- Email: VCPH-ID@ventura.org
For TB information, visit Tuberculosis Specialty Clinic or call 805-385-9451.
For AIDS information visit our HIV/AIDS Program or report a case of HIV/AIDS, call: 805-652-3313.
Register Immunizations at CA Immunization Registry (CAIR) or by calling: (805) 981-5118 or (800) 578-7889
Providers: Get Smart About Antibiotics!
Antibiotics are becoming ineffective because bacteria are becoming resistant to our defenses. The CDC has launched a campaign to end antibiotic use when viruses are the likely cause of symptoms. Help patients "Get Smart. . .Read the Chart." Teach patients how best to get relief from viral infections. Use the CDC's "Viral Prescription Pad" for patients who have viruses. Watch CDC Commentary: Don't Give In and Give Those Antibiotics!
Click here to learn about Acceptance of Meaningful Use Data in Ventura County
- Increase in Cases of Bordetella pertussis in Ventura County - March 20, 2019
- Cases of Shigella in Ventura County Homeless Population - October 12, 2018
- Selecting Pregnant Women for Addtional Syphilis Screening in Ventura County - August 15, 2018
- Burkholderia cepacia complex Infections Associated with the use of Medline Remedy® Essentials No-Rinse Foam - March 29, 2018
- Increase in Giardia Cases Locally - March 21, 2018
- Influenza & Sepsis - March 2, 2018
- Coccidioidomycosis (Valley Fever) in Ventura County - January 9, 2018
- Seasonal Influenza Treatment - January 3, 2018
- Boil Water Orders and Surgical Procedures - December 7, 2017
- Legionellosis - November 17, 2017
- Coccidioidomycosis in Ventura County - November 14, 2017
- Hepatitis A Outbreak in California Counties - October 10, 2017
- Measles Cases - January 23, 2017
- Testing Travelers Returning from China for Avian Influenza A (H7N9) Virus Infection - January 26, 2017
- Risk from Contaminated Heater-Cooler Devices Used during Cardiac Surgery - October 17, 2016
- VCPH Confirms 1st Zika Virus Case - August 19, 2016
- Vaccination Against Meningococcal Disease - August 4, 2016
- Outbreak of Meningococcal Disease in Southern California - July 1, 2016
- Cluster of Non-Ischemic Cardiomyopathy Cases- March 16, 2016
- Zika Virus Infection in Travelers and Interim Guidance for Pregnant Women- January 21, 2016
- Health Alert: Acute Neurologic Illness with Focal Limb Weakness of Unknown Etiology in Children- September 29, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) Causing Severe Pediatric Respiratory Illness- September 18, 2014
- Increase in Pertussis (whooping cough) Cases in Ventura County- May 15, 2014
- Early Reports of pH1N1- Associated Illnesses for 2013-2014 - December 26, 2013
- Influenza Testing and Reporting - September 12, 2013
- Measles - July 19, 2013
- Novel Influenza A H7N9 - April 23, 2013
Click here for Monthly Immunization Updates.
- INFLUENZA VACCINATION FOR HEALTHCARE PERSONNEL - FACT SHEET & FAQ
- Link to our Public Health Laboratory
- Become a Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) provider
- Medical Waste Management Notice
- Immunization Program
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Address: 2240 E. Gonzales Rd Suite 250
- Oxnard, CA 93036
- Phone: 805-981-5211
- FAX: 805-981-5210
Links to additional information
- EZ-IZ Vaccine for Children Program, Storage and Handling
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Hepatitis Prevention Programs
- Institute for Vaccine Safety
- National Network for Immunization Information
- Immunization Action Coalition
- VAERS: Vaccine Adverse Events Report System
- American Academy of Pediatrics – Childhood Immunization Support Program
- California Department of Health Services – Immunization Branch
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
West Nile Virus