When visiting our office, you must go thru a health screening before entering the building, adhere to social distancing guidelines, and face coverings are required.
Due to the current State of California’s Stay at Home Order our services are available by mail. Over-the-counter services are currently limited and could be suspended at any time.
1. What to submit when requesting Birth, Death and Fetal Death Certificates by Mail:
- Completed and notarized Application
- Money Order or Cashier’s Check (Please note all personal check payments are on hold for 14 working days)
- Self-Addressed Stamped envelope
2. Burial Permits (call for instructions)
If you have any questions, you can reach us at 805-981-5172
Please note: The Office of Vital Records in Oxnard only has records for 2020-2021 for current births, deaths and fetal deaths that occurred in Ventura County. We are however able to issue Still Birth certificates for 2003 to present.
The Office of Vital Records in Oxnard does NOT provide marriage certificates. For Birth, Death, Fetal Death and Marriage certificates for any other year including 2020 and 2021, you can visit the Ventura County Clerk-Recorder office at http://recorder.countyofventura.org/county-recorder/vital-records/
Click on the certificate name you are looking for to download and complete the application below:
- Birth Certificates: $25.00
- Still Birth Certificates: $14.00
- Death Certificates: $21.00
- Fetal Death Certificates: $18.00
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
To obtain certificates for Ventura County births or deaths prior to 2020:
Birth and Death Certificates from Outside Ventura County
To Register Out-of-Hospital Births
Go to Out-of-Hospital Birth Registration for instructions and to download forms.
2240 E. Gonzales Road, Suite 150
Oxnard, CA 93036
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM