Dan Wall has been appointed as manager of the Emergency Preparedness Office.
- See our Public Health Facebook page to keep up-to-date.
- Follow us on Twitter! or send an email to: VCPH.Updates@ventura.org with "Subscribe" in the subject line to get email updates.
- Find out about the 1918 pandemic and why it matters today.
- Read the results of our survey of what Ventura County Residents knew about terrorism planning
The State Honored EPO
We received an Award for Outstanding Exercise Expertise for our 36 Hour Medical Shelter Exercise. We held the 36-hour exercise May 9-11, 2011. It included hundreds of volunteers and medical professionals who got to train first hand in responding to a major earthquake.
- Read what Richard Serino, FEMA deputy administrator had to say.
- Read more about it in this Ventura Star article with video and images, and their
- Watch KCAL 9's news report and see the Ventura City Fire Department's video.
|Goals||Get Ready||Pandemics||Special Needs||More Resources|
We work to reduce health threats from natural and human-caused disasters; Prepare for and respond to health aspects of disasters and help communities recover from them.
We plan for County-wide health related disasters: Educate people in our communities; Conduct disaster drills; Plan the Health Care Agency's disaster operations. We work with any organization that wants to become better prepared for health-related disasters. Click the tabs below for more information on what we do, and what you can do to get better prepared.
Emergency Alert Radio Stations
- KVEN 1450 AM
- KHAY 100.7 FM
- KMLA 103.7 FM (SPANISH)
Join our preparedness coalition
Are you a medical or health facility/organization in Ventura County?
Join the many others who have been collaborating on disaster preparedness activities, trainings, and initiatives! Click the icon below to learn more about the Ventura County Health Care Coalition.