Ronald McDonald House at Ventura County Medical Center
Ventura County Medical Center (together with Ronald McDonald House Charities) is happy to announce the honor of being the recipient of Ventura County’s first and only Ronald Mc Donald Family Room. The new Ronald McDonald Family Room at Ventura County Medical Center will become just the third space of its kind in the State of California!
RMHC enables family-centered care by supporting families throughout their health care journeys. The accommodation and support services RMHC provides to families of hospitalized children are not only beneficial, they are essential to high-quality and effective health care. RMHC programs support families at over 90% of top children’s hospitals worldwide. Research shows:
- Families want to stay close when their child is hospitalized and believe it improves their child’s recovery.
- Accommodations designed with family needs in mind provide parents with essential rest while enabling proximity to their hospitalized child.
- Hospital leaders worldwide increasingly understand that nearby purpose-built accommodation and support for families contribute to high-quality, family-centered care.
Walk For Kids
Get involved today! Be a part of this important initiative and show your pride by making Walk for Kids, and the new Ronald McDonald Family Room at VCMC, a huge success! Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Join our Walking Team: Visit the event website (www.walkforkids.org/ventura) and join the “Ventura County Medical Center” team!
- Start Your Own Team: Recruit your family and friends to join you in supporting Walk for Kids, then visit the event website to register your team’s name.
- Make a Donation: You can also visit the event website to make a tax-deductible donation.
See Full PDF Flyers
********All proceeds will benefit the Ronald McDonald Family Room at VCMC*****************
If you have any questions about the event, or about registering your team, please contact:
Amy Towner, CEO Health Care Foundation for Ventura County amytowner@ventura.
Debbie Martin, Development Manager at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adam McCormack, Director of Development at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California AMcCormack@rmhcsc.org
Ashley Humes, HCA Public Information Officer HCAPIO@ventura.org