- See our Public Health Facebook page to keep up-to-date.
- Follow us on Twitter! or send an email to: VCPH.Updates@ventura.org with "Subscribe" in the subject line to get email updates.
- Find out about the 1918 pandemic and why it matters today.
- Read the results of our survey of what Ventura County Residents knew about terrorism planning
The State Honored EPO
We received an Award for Outstanding Exercise Expertise for our 36 Hour Medical Shelter Exercise. We held the 36-hour exercise May 9-11, 2011. It included hundreds of volunteers and medical professionals who got to train first hand in responding to a major earthquake.
- Read what Richard Serino, FEMA deputy administrator had to say.
- Read more about it in this Ventura Star article with video and images, and their
- Watch KCAL 9's news report and see the Ventura City Fire Department's video.
|Goals||Get Ready||Pandemics||Special Needs||More Resources|
Here are some Emergency Preparedness Topics accessible to people who are deaf, blind, or have limited sight.
Visit our Children with Special Needs web page for parents and caretakers of children with special needs.
Visit the American Red Cross's web site for people with disabilities for tips on how to survive a disaster. Also visit the Ready.gov web site on information and videos for helping people with special needs.
Download Planning for Children with Special Needs and follow the guidelines it provides.
Descarga de Planificación para Niños con Necesidades Especiales y siga las directrices que proporciona.