- See our Public Health Facebook page to keep up-to-date.
- Follow us on Twitter! or send an email to: VCPH.Updates@ventura.org with "Subscribe" in the subject line to get email updates.
- Find out about the 1918 pandemic and why it matters today.
- Read the results of our survey of what Ventura County Residents knew about terrorism planning
The State Honored EPO
We received an Award for Outstanding Exercise Expertise for our 36 Hour Medical Shelter Exercise. We held the 36-hour exercise May 9-11, 2011. It included hundreds of volunteers and medical professionals who got to train first hand in responding to a major earthquake.
- Read what Richard Serino, FEMA deputy administrator had to say.
- Read more about it in this Ventura Star article with video and images, and their
- Watch KCAL 9's news report and see the Ventura City Fire Department's video.
|Goals||Get Ready||Pandemics||Special Needs||More Resources|
- PandemicFlu.gov News Feed
- Ventura County Sheriff: Office of Emergency Services
- Ventura County Environmental Services Disaster Preparedness
- Maps of Natural Disaster Hazards in Ventura County
- Be Prepared California
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Emergency Preparedness
- Niosh Emergency Response Resources
- California "ReadyCASchools.org" (influenza preparedness for schools and families)
- Los Angeles County Emergency Preparedness (Lots of multi-lingual resources)
- Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades (CDC) Información en Español
- Prepárese ahora: La preparación tiene sentido
- Detailed Influenza Guide (Bird Flu): [English] - Guía detallada de influenza (gripe aviar) [Español]
- Simplified Influenza Guide (Bird Flu): [English] - Guía simplificado influenza (gripe aviar) [Español]