Children and youth may be eligible for the periodic CHDP well-child exams if they meet one of the following requirements:
- Children and youth on Medi-Cal are eligible for periodic CHDP well-child exams up to their 21st birthday.
- Children and youth determined to be income eligible through the CHDP Gateway can have CHDP Exams until their 19th birthday.
CHDP exam includes:
- Assessment of oral health, nutrition, development, and TB status as well as education about ways to promote children's health
- Any needed immunizations
- Screening for hearing, vision, anemia, urinary problems, and lead poisoning
- Cholesterol, blood sugar, and sexually transmitted infections
CHDP can offer:
- CHDP well-child exams provided by enrolled physicians and clinics throughout Ventura County
- Assistance to families in finding health and dental care and low cost health care coverage
- Information to families about child health topics such as dental care, nutrition, lead poisoning and anemia