Child Health & Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program offers a variety of services.
Help to prevent or find health problems through regular, free well-child exams.
A well-child exam may include:
- Health and developmental history
- Physical exam
- Needed vaccines
- Oral health screening and routine dental referrals starting by age 1
- Nutrition screening
- Behavioral screening
- Vision screening
- Hearing screening
- Health education
- Lab tests (examples: lead, anemia, tuberculosis, etc.)
- Referral to Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) for children up to age 5
- Train Medical Providers and their staff to perform CHDP well-child exams.
- Provide health-related education to the community through health fairs, presentations, and other community events.
- Educate CHDP Clinics on Fluoride Varnish that is applied to the teeth and toothbrushes for their patients.