Our CCS office remains open to assist you in person, over the phone, via fax, and by email. You may also drop off documents in our drop box located in the CCS lobby.
We help children under age 21 with special medical needs such as Chronic medical conditions like cystic fibrosis, hemophilia, cerebral palsy, heart disease, cancer; traumatic injuries; and infectious diseases that cause significant medical problems. CCS is funded with state, county, and federal support.
- We can provide diagnostic authorizations through CCS paneled providers to determine if a child's condition is eligible for CCS services. If a child's condition is eligible, we can provide treatment authorizations for services like laboratory tests, x-rays, physician services, hospital care, and/or physical and occupational therapy through the Medical Therapy Program (MTP) and obtain certain medical equipment.
- CCS can provide medical case management to ensure your child gets care from approved specialists, help in finding a medical home, and refer to other agencies such as Tri-Counties Regional Center.
Your child may be eligible for CCS services if your family meets CCS income guidelines and your child:
- Is under 21 years of age
- Has a CCS-covered medical condition, and
- Is a resident of Ventura County
How Do I Apply for CCS Services for My Child?
- Complete an application form in English or Spanish and return it to the CCS office. (Forms can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.)
- Give us all of the information requested, including medical records and, in some cases, tax information, so we can determine if your child qualifies for the program.
- Apply to Medi-Cal if your family's income qualifies your child for Medi-Cal.
CCS Application Forms
- Application Form English (PDF)
- Application Form Español (PDF)
- Service Authorization (SAR) Form (PDF)
What Happens After I Complete a CCS Application for My Child?
- Once we have all the needed information, we will conduct a medical & program eligibility review. It is important to get us all of the required information so we can make eligibility decisions as rapidly as possible.
- Once your child is determined eligible for CCS, a case is opened, and we can then authorize diagnostic or treatment services by CCS-approved specialists for the CCS-eligible condition.
Monday to Friday, 8 am-5 pm
Address: 2240 East Gonzales Road, Suite 260, Oxnard, CA 93036
Direct phone: 805-981-5281