We have started our facility Preparedness Outreach! VCHCC will come to your facility for one-on-one meetings to help you:
Email VCHCC@ventura.org today to schedule a meeting!
CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule
On September 8, 2016, the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) published a final rule on emergency preparedness for healthcare providers. The rule serves to establish national, consistent emergency preparedness requirements for 17 different providers and suppliers participating in Medicare and Medicaid. CMS Providers & Suppliers must reach compliance with the rule by November 15, 2017.
CMS EP Rule Resources
- Hazard Vulnerability Assessment Tools
- Published by ASPR TRACIE, this document provides an evaluation of the current Hazard Vulnerability Assessment (HVA) tools avaiable. This evaluation offers the benefits and limitations of each tool as well as URL links to each tool.
- Final Emergency Preparedness Rule (Federal Register)
- This is a direct link to the CMS EP Rule on the Federal Register
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Emergency Preparedness Rule Page
- This link will direct you to the CMS EP Rule dedicated page
- ASPR TRACIE CMS Resource Page
- This page offers resources specific to the CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule on the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) Technical Resources-Assistance Center-Information Exchange (TRACIE) page. ASPR TRACIE was created to meet the information and technical assistance needs of regional ASPR staff, healthcare coalitions, healthcare entities, healthcare providers, emergency managers, public health practitioners, and others working in disaster medicine, healthcare system preparedness, and public health emergency preparedness.
- CMS EP Rule-Accreditation Standards Crosswalk from Yale New Haven Health System Center for Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Response
- Compiled and published by Yale New Haven Health System Center for Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Response, this crosswalk was created by mapping emergency and disaster related program, policy, communication, training and exercise elements of regulatory and accreditation standards to the CMS Emergency Preparedness Conditions of Participation.
|Click any of the below icons to access the related document, tool, or online training.|
|EP Basic Surveyor TRAINING Course||Advanced Copy Interpretive Guidance||Surveyor Tool||General EP Rule Overview|