Communicable Disease Reporting
Medical providers are required to report all suspected and confirmed reportable cases of communicable diseases and/or other unusual diseases.
For information on how to report, click here.
Communicable Disease Department will be CLOSED on Wednesday, December 7th from 11:30am-2:30pm.
What We Do:
The Ventura County Public Health Communicable Disease office detects, investigates, controls and prevents the spread of communicable diseases in Ventura County.The CD office receives reports from health care providers for more than 85 legally reportable diseases. We investigate those reports, take appropriate action and summarize the data and report them to the State and the federal Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Our office also investigates disease outbreaks, monitors emerging infectious diseases and analyzes data on disease trends in the county.
- Public Health is now offering free and confidential Chlamydia partner treatment. Please call 981-5201 for more information.
- Detailed case histories on confirmed/suspected communicable disease cases.
- Information on Bed Bug Prevention.
- Extensive contact investigation and recommendation of prophylaxis treatment when necessary.
- Expert guidance to health care providers in Ventura County regarding communicable disease diagnosis and disease mitigation.
- Work with other County agencies such as Environmental Health for foodborne illness and Animal Services for rabies and other animals with human-related diseases.
- Investigation of pesticide exposure.
- Education and consultation (upon request) to the public and medical communities regarding disease prevention and treatment.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
Address: 2500 South C Street Suite B-1, Oxnard, CA 93033
Countywide toll free access: 800-781-4449, then dial 1-981-5201
Communicable Disease Office direct phone: 805-981-5201
Urgent after hours answering service: 805-656-9432
Eva Reeder, Communicable Disease Manager
Check our Health Warnings web site for updates on outbreaks and other health news.