Medical Therapy Program
- Work with families to help children maximize independence with life skills.
- Provide occupational and physical therapy to children who have chronic, long-term physically handicapping conditions.
Services are provided in Medical Therapy Units (MTU) in select public school sites. Services include:
Our physicians and therapists work with parents or guardians to develop a Medical Therapy Plan tailored to the child's specific needs. Occupational and/or physical therapy are approved and prescribed as needed by the physician and are provided at each Medical Therapy Unit in the program.
- Medical Therapy Conferences to coordinate therapy needs.
- Occupational/physical therapy.
- Consultation for equipment needs.
Who is eligible?
A child is eligible for the Medical Therapy Program if he or she:
- Is under 21 years of age and,
- has a long-term condition, such as (but not limited to): cerebral palsy, spina bifida, muscular dystrophy, rheumatoid arthritis, spinal cord injuries, arthrogryposis, and osteogenesis imperfecta and,
- has a parent or guardian who resides in Ventura County or the child is enrolled in a public school in Ventura County.
For more information, download our brochures.
Family and Provider Tools
Other Helpful Resources
Tri-Counties Regional Centers
Ventura County Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA)
Ventura County Office of Education, Special Education Services
United Cerebral Palsy
Muscular Dystrophy Association