CCS-California Children's Services
We help children under age 21 who have special medical needs such as: Chronic medical conditions like cystic fibrosis, hemophilia, cerebral palsy, heart disease, cancer; traumatic injuries; and infectious diseases that cause major medical problems. CCS is funded with state, county, and federal support.
We conduct diagnostic medical evaluations through state approved providers to determine if a child’s condition is eligible for CCS services.
If a child’s condition is eligible, we can provide laboratory tests, x-rays, physician services, hospital care, physical and occupational therapy through the Medical Therapy Program (MTP), and obtain certain medical equipment.
CCS can provide medical case management to insure your child gets care from approved specialists, help in finding a medical home, and referral to other agencies such as Tri-Counties Regional Center.
Your child may be eligible for CCS services if your family meets CCS income guideline and you child:
- Is under 21 years of age
- Has a CCS covered medical condition, and
- Is a resident of Ventura County
How Do I Apply for CCS Services for My Child?
- Complete an application form in English or Spanish and return it to the CCS office. (Forms can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.)
- Give us all of the information requested including medical records, and in some cases tax information, so we can determine if your child qualifies for the program.
- Apply to Medi-Cal if it appears that your family’s income qualifies your child for Medi-Cal.
CCS Application Forms
What Happens After I Complete a CCS Application for My Child?
- Once we have all the needed information, we're required to make a medical eligibility decision within 5 working days. It is important to get us all of the required information so we can make eligibility decisions as rapidly as possible.
- Once your child is determined eligible for CCS, a case is opened and we can then authorize treatment and other services by CCS approved specialists for the CCS eligible condition.
Monday to Friday, 8 am-Noon and 1 pm-5 pm
Address: 2240 East Gonzales Road, Suite 260, Oxnard, CA 93036
Direct phone: 805-981-5281
Carmen Treortola, Program Manager, Provider Services 805-981-5204
Jason Tuazon, Program Manager, Client Services 805-981-5257