THE RISE PROGRAM is offered by Ventura County Behavioral Health specifically to encourage and enable people in these situations to get assessment and treatment. The field-based
outreach team makes contact, then provides ongoing support in navigating any challenges to accessing care. And it’s not just one-time assistance – the RISE team follows up with clients as needed and may be closely involved with case management.
If someone has, or appears to have mental health problems and is unable or unwilling to access assessment and treatment, RISE can help.
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE...
- ... who has been released from a psychiatric facility but isn’t following up with outpatient treatment?
- ... who is homeless and has a mental illness but currently refuses treatment?
- ... with serious mental health problems who is unable to access outpatient mental health clinics without assistance?
- ...whose symptoms are so severe that they cannot leave their home?
- ...who is having difficulty managing their symptoms in a public setting?
- ...who appears to be experiencing a low-level crisis due to mental illness and is impacting the community?