- COPD refers to chronic lung disorders that result in blocked airflow in the lungs. It worsens over time, making it hard to breathe.
- It is preventable and treatable!
- In Ventura County 28,000 people have COPD.
- Identifying and treating COPD in its early stages can drastically change/ slow the progression of the disease. A simple test called a Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) can be performed to determine if someone has COPD.
- GOLD guidelines are the best standard of care for COPD.
Did you know?
- COPD is the third largest cause of death in the nation.
- The number one cause of COPD is smoking.
What is CATCH?
CATCH is a mobile team of specialist – 1 Project Director, 2 Registered Nurses, 2 Respiratory Therapist, 2 Community Outreach Workers & 1 Medical Office Assistant. Target Populations = Diagnosed AND Undiagnosed. CATCH will treat patients in a non-clinical setting to reduce exacerbations and improve patient quality of life.
Benefits of CATCH
- Home Health Assessments & Regular Follow-Ups
- Smoking Cessation Resources & Support
- Medication Management
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Nutritional Consult
- Care Messaging & Telemedicine Opportunities
- Transportation Assistance to Medical Appointments
Intro to COPD
Classifications of Severity
Managing Combined Conditions (Co-Morbidities)
The Human Side of COPD
Pursed Lip Breathing for Managing Shortness of Breath
Fitness Over 50!