The Chronic Disease Prevention Program develops and administers prevention and educational programs
that empower individuals, families and even
entire communities to prevent disease, improve health and promote wellness.
CDPP programs include:
- Diabetes, obesity and hypertension health risk screening tests.
- Access to self-management education for UNINSURED Type 2 diabetics. Referral Form.
- Walking clubs. The 1st La Colonia Community Walk.
- Get Fit Group fitness classes
- Camino Del Sol Community Garden activities and events - NEDP
- Partnership for Healthy Ventura County meetings, forums, and events
- Other related free events offered by community partners
Community Health Information
- Check our Calendar page for this month's listings of activities and classes in your neighborhood.
- Learn more by reading Our Neighborhoods - Our Health
- Watch Weight of the Nation - the award-winning HBO documentary series about obesity
Silvia Lopez-Navarro, Program Director
2220 E. Gonzales Rd. Suite 202
Oxnard, CA 93036
Fax: (805) 677-5220